Skip to main content

Help and Advice

If you are feeling frightened because something is happening to you, or someone you know, it is important that you tell somebody.

  • If you are at risk or suspect someone is at risk and want to talk to someone phone the Front Door on 01452 426565
  • If you prefer you can send an email to childrenshelpdesk@gloucestershire.gov.uk
  • If you think someone is breaking the law phone the police on 101; or
  • In an emergency always dial 999.

Who else can you talk to?

It can be difficult to talk to someone about what is happening to you or you may need advice about any concerns or worries you have. There are people who you can talk to, who are known as Trusted Adults.  These people can include:

  • your parents or carers;
  • a friend's parents;
  • your social worker;
  • your doctor;  or
  • a school teacher or support assistant.

You could ask if your school has a dedicated Safeguarding Officer. This is a teacher who has had special training to help children and young people find the best advice and solutions to any problems or concerns which they have.

Generally, Trusted Adults will not tell anyone else if you don't want them to.  However, in some circumstances they may have to advise others in order to keep you safe.  If this happens they will talk through all the options with you and help you to find the best solutions in your situation.

What If I don't want to talk face to face with someone? 

You can contact:

  • Childline - phone 0800 1111 for help and advice about a wide range of issues, talk to a counsellor online, send an email or post on the message boards.
  • The Mix phone 0808 808 4994 for a free, confidential service where someone is available 365 days a year.  You can decide how you want to contact them and they will let you know who can help you. 
  • Family Information Service phone 0800 542 02 02 for information, advice and signposting you to people who can help.
  • Supportline a list of services for children and young people.  
  • Other useful services - local services with help on specific issues.

Help us improve Safeguarding Children in Gloucestershire

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.