Top tips for keeping your sleeping baby safe include:
- Placing your baby on their back to sleep
- Placing your baby in the 'feet to foot' position in their cot or Moses basket
- Let your baby get too hot or cold
- Sleep on a sofa or in an armchair with your baby
- Share a bed with your baby if you have been drinking alcohol, take drugs or are a smoker
- Cover your baby's face or head while sleeping or use loose bedding
- Smoke near your baby and keep them away from other people's smoke
More information is available in your child's read health book.
Did you find what you were looking for?