Specialist Advanced Practitioner - Two-day Course
The aim of this course is that you develop a greater understanding of the following:-
- Your role and responsibilities
- The impact of neglect
- What makes a request for service from social care
- Disguised and non-compliance
- Common themes from serious case reviews
- The importance of listening to children
- Information Sharing
- Local updates, the multi-agency safeguarding hub and the request for service process
- Working with families more effectively
This course will produce frontline workers who are better informed, more confident in their practice, in their ability to challenge and clearer about what their roles and responsibilities are.
The course is a combination of facilitator input, interactive discussion, case studies and exercises.
- This course is evidence-based and considers the latest research in the field. It will also draw strongly on the research around serious case reviews.
- The case study is a real case and draws together many strands of the findings from serious case reviews.
- The exercises will challenge the delegates to think about their practice, in a multi-agency arena and over the two days delegates will work with all the other agencies present.
Facilitator: Joanna Nicolas, Safeguarding Children Trainer
Lunch is not provided
If you have any questions about this training course, please contact the Adult Education Team on 01452 583863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking a place on this course
Please complete the online booking form in the final column of your chosen date, the form will open in a new page.
Please select two convenient dates for your chosen course, and then complete the online . When you have fully completed the form, click the submit button.
When your form arrives in our inbox you will receive an automatically generated email thanking you for your form.