Understanding sexual violence to safeguard children, young people and adults
The aim of this course is that you develop greater understanding of the following:
- To inform delegates about what sexual violence is: rape, childhood sexual abuse and sexual assault both recent and non-recent.
- Educate delegates about the short term and long term psychological and physical effects of any form of sexual violence on an individual including trauma
- To inform delegates about the services that exist within the county that support victims and survivors, what they do, why and how they complement one another including information about the criminal justice system and the sexual offences act 2003
- To educate delegates about how to respond to a colleague/service user/friend when they first disclose an incident of sexual violence and then what to do/where to refer
- To educate delegates about the myths and realities of sexual violence
This course will produce frontline workers who are better informed, more confident in their practice, in their ability to challenge and clearer about what their roles and responsibilities are.
The course is a combination of facilitator input, interactive discussion, case studies and exercises.
Lunch is not provided
If you have any questions about this training course, please contact the Adult Education Team on 01452 583863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking a place on this course
Please complete the online booking form in the final column of your chosen date, the form will open in a new page.
Please select two convenient dates for your chosen course, and then complete the online . When you have fully completed the form, click the submit button.
When your form arrives in our inbox you will receive an automatically generated email thanking you for your form.
|Tuesday 12th February 2019||GRASAC Gloucester||09:30 - 16:30||Online Booking Form|
|Thursday 16th May 2019||
CHANGE OF VENUE
The Pavilion, Cheltenham. GL51 6PN
|09:30- 16:30||Online Booking Form|
|Tuesday 10th September 2019||GRASAC Gloucester||09:30 - 16:30||Online Booking Form|
|Tuesday 3rd December 2019||GRASAC Gloucester||09:30 - 16:30||Online Booking Form|