Working together with Child Protection Processes (Conference and Core Groups) - A relationship based approach. Full day
Note: Participants must have attended the full day Child Protection Inter-agency course before attending this course.
Staff who are likely to be involved in strategy discussions , Child Protection Conferences and Core Groups.
This is a level 4 specialist course that enables participants to gain specific knowledge, experience and skill of working together effectively with families where there are concerns of significant harm to children.
To provide staff with the opportunity, via experiential and group activities, to focus in detail on how to work together effectively with families and each other and to know the Child Protection principles and processes..
On completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Consider how to work effectively with families where there is risk and harm, ensuring practice is anti-discriminatory and follows fair process.
- Think together about the importance of effective participation of children, young people and parents at all family meetings and interventions.
- Know the purpose of a strategy discussion, Child Protection Conference and Core Group.
- Have a clear understanding of the child protection processes in the South West Region and Gloucestershire, include Working Together 2018.
- Know the Levels of Intervention Guidance and apply the thresholds of need to everyday practice.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the information sharing guidelines
- Describe the contribution you are expected to make when involved in child protection procedures (including reports and attendance).
- Confidence in challenging professional decisions and opinions and family perspectives and knowing how to escalate.
- Have the opportunity to experience a "mock" conference and to construct a smart outcome focussed plan with the family
The course is a combination of facilitator input, interactive discussion, case studies and exercises.
Maximum Number of Participants: 30
If you have any questions about this training course, please contact the Adult Education Team on 01452 583863 or email email@example.com
Booking a place on this course
Please complete the online booking form in the final column of your chosen date, the form will open in a new window.
Please select two convenient dates for your chosen course, and then complete the online . When you have fully completed the form, click the submit button.
When your form arrives in our inbox you will receive an automatically generated email thanking you for your form.
|Monday 8th July 2019||
Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham GL51 6PN
|Online Booking Form|