Young People's Substance Misuse - Screening Tool Training
Supporting young people with substance misuse issues is a vital part of safeguarding children and so we urge you to book onto this course.
- Are you working with children and young people who have substance misuse issues?
- Do you know up-to-date information about substance misuse?
- Are you aware of local support available to young people with substance misuse issues?
The Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children Executive are delivering training sessions addressing young people's substance misuse issues with a focus on local support services for young people, the referral process and the Countywide Screening Tool. This is a 1 day training course, which will provide you with up-to-date knowledge and equip you with practical skills to use when working with young people and substance misuse.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Received up-to-date and relevant information on drugs of concern
- Explored the impact of "new psychotic substances" on young people's substance use
- Gained an understanding of local patterns of young people's use of both legal and illegal substances
- Explored methods of engaging young people in dialogue related to substance use
- Gained an understanding of County structures and referral processes through to Safeguarding
- Developed and practiced skills in using the Gloucestershire screening tool
- Explored relevant issues relating to confidentiality and information sharing
- Appraised pre-course evaluation and reading
- Evaluate the days training and impact on personal learning
We are also arranging twilight sessions in schools across the County, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.