I work with children and young people
The GSCB offers both face to face training and e-learning from people who work with children and young people as well as a number of resources for professionals including the CSE screening tool.
Child Sexual Exploitation Inter-Agency (Face to Face) training - Full day course
This course is available to all staff who are currently working with children, young people and their families. The aim of the training is to enable professionals to understand and act upon concerns regarding children and young people at risk of or experiencing abuse through sexual exploitation.The course is a combination of facilitator input, interactive discussion, case studies and exercises.
On completion of this full day training course participants will be able to;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the definition and types of Child Sexual Exploitation ( CSE )
- Demonstrate an understanding of when and how to complete the CSE screening tool kit.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the risk indicators and vulnerability factors
- Demonstrate an understanding of national and local developments regarding CSE and a basic understanding of legislation.
To find out more about this training and book your place please
Child Sexual Exploitation e-learning
The GSCB has launched a Kwango e-learning course for Protecting Children and Young People at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE). The course will help learners to:
- Understand the nature and scope of CSE
- Recognise its impact on children, young people and families
- Engage more effectively with vulnerable children and young people
- Know what to do if you suspect a child or young person is being sexually exploited
- Improve your response to CSE
- Promote effective partnership working with other agencies
To access this course
Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
Warning signs, screening tool and Gloucestershire's multi-agency protocol for safeguarding children at risk of CSE