We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. The cookies cannot identify you.
If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with this.
If you want to use the sites without cookies or would like to know more, you can find out more on the Information Commissioner's web site.
You can see full details of the cookies we use on gloucestershire.gov.uk/cookies/

Skip to main content

Thinking of running away from a care placement?

Many missing teenagers are young people who have ran away from local authority care.

Young people who run away from local authority care may:

  • be unhappy with their current care arrangements;
  • be being bullied by other teenagers in the same care home; or
  • want to live with their friends or family members

 If you're in care, you have a right to complain if you're not happy with your care placement. You can:

  • talk to your social worker or personal adviser and ask for a complaint pack; or
  • phone  the Customer Feedback and Social Care Complaints Team on 01452 425766

useful contacts for further help and advice

Help us improve Safeguarding Children in Gloucestershire

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.