Thinking of running away?
Thousands of teenagers run away from home every year. There are many reasons why you may feel like running away, like abuse or physical violence. If you are unhappy and feel like leaving home, free and confidential advice is available to help you stay safe or work out your problems. Gloucestershire Youth Support Team can provide alternative solutions to running away in Gloucestershire.
Who can help?
Gloucestershire Youth Support Team - http://youthsupportteam.co.uk
There are many reasons for running away or leave home, including:
- arguments with a parent or other relative;
- abuse or violence at home;
- worries about money and debt;
- being thrown out of their home by a parent or carer;
- problems with drugs or alcohol;
- becoming a victim of bullying in the classroom, over the internet or via mobile phone.
Where will they go?
For many teenagers, the actual decision to run away is taken on the spur of the moment and this means that someone who runs away has not thought about:
- where they will sleep;
- how they will get access to money; or
- the effect their decision will have on family members
Even if life at home is becoming unbearable, running away might not be the best option, even if it seems like the only one.
There are other options and people who can help: Useful contacts