Safer Recruitment Accreditation or Safer Working Practices/Allegations Management
What is Safer Recruitment Accreditation?
Safer Recruitment Training - The updated guidance KCSiE, (Sept 2018) maintains the requirement for governing bodies of schools to ensure that at least one person on any appointment panel has undertaken safer recruitment training. At least one member of the recruitment panel must undertake safer recruitment training which no longer need's to be provided by a person approved by the Secretary of State. Schools may choose appropriate training and may take advice from their LSCB in doing so.
How do I get Safer Recruitment Accreditation?
GSCB provides Safer Recruitment training delivered by accredited trainers. To attend one of the training sessions please ensure that you have completed and returned the Safer Recruitment booking form that can be found in the adjacent 'Download' panel or at the bottom of this page.
What are the dates for the half-day GSCB Safer Recruitment course?
- Tuesday 30th April 2019 (FULL) - This course will be held at Shire Hall, Gloucester
- Friday 21st June 2019 (am - available) - Kingsholm Rugby
- Friday 21st June 2019 (pm - available) - Kingsholm Rugby
- Friday 18th October 2019 (am - available) - Kingsholm Rugby
- Monday 20th January 2020 (am - available) - Kingsholm Rugby
- Friday 20th March 2020 (am - available) - Kingsholm Rugby
- Monday 22nd June 2020 (am - available) - Kingsholm Rugby
Training sessions are from 09:00 to 12:30
The cost of this course is £65 per delegate and includes comprehensive resource pack & certificate from June 2019.
Safer Working Practice and Allegations Management course
This is a new course that we are developing that will aim:-
1) To provide delegates with the tools and understanding to ensure a safe working culture for children and staff.
2) To provide information on practical steps for both employers and employees (including volunteers) to avoid Allegations being made.
3) To explore effective policy writing to support a safer Working culture.
4) To explain the Allegations Management process and how to support it should an allegation be made.
The cost of this course is £65 per delegate and includes resource pack & certificate from June 2019.
NB: IF YOU ATTEND BOTH THE SAFER RECRUITMENT COURSE AND THE SAFER WORKING PRACTICE AND ALLEGATIONS MANAGEMENT COURSE ON THE SAME DAY THE COST WILL BE REDUCED TO £110 from June 2019 (for attending both courses).
What are the dates for the half-day GSCB Safer Working Practice/Allegations Management course?
- Friday 18th October 2019 (am - available)
- Monday 20th January 2020 (pm - available)
- Friday 20th March 2020 (pm - available)
- Monday 22nd June 2020 (pm - available)
Where are these training courses held?
Kingsholm Rugby Stadium, Kingsholm Road, Gloucester GL1 3AX
How do I book on to the Safer Recruitment/Safer Working Practice courses?
Please download and complete the Safer Recruitment/Safer Working Practice Booking Form
If you would prefer to buy Safer Recruitment Training from elsewhere the GSCB has ratified (June 2014) the below minimum standards the training should cover:-
- Identification of the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people.
- Consideration of Policies and Practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt recording.
- Tasks that assist participants in beginning to review their own and the organisation's policies and practices in recruitment with a view to making them safer.
- A model of offending behaviour and how this fits with recruitment.
- Implications for recruitment and selection and creating a safer environment in organisations.
- What to do when things go wrong and an allegation of abuse is made against an existing member of staff or volunteer.
Please look carefully to ensure training will meet these requirements.
On-line training is now available through the NSPCC at a cost of £30 per delegate. For further information please visit: NSPCC Safer Recruitment e-learning