Safer Recruitment Accreditation or Safer Working Practices/Allegations Management
What is Safer Recruitment Accreditation?
Safer Recruitment Training - The updated guidance KCSiE, (Sept 2019) maintains the requirement for governing bodies of schools to ensure that at least one person on any appointment panel has undertaken safer recruitment training. At least one member of the recruitment panel must undertake safer recruitment training which no longer need's to be provided by a person approved by the Secretary of State. Schools may choose appropriate training and may take advice from their LSCE in doing so.
How do I get Safer Recruitment Accreditation?
GSCE provides Safer Recruitment training delivered by accredited trainers. To attend one of the training sessions please book your place by completing the attached booking form.
What are the dates for the half-day GSCE Safer Recruitment course?
- Monday 20th January 2020 (FULL) - Kingsholm Rugby
- Friday 20th March 2020 (am - available) - Cotswold Area Civil Service Sports Association
- Monday 22nd June 2020 (am - available) - Cotswold Area Civil Service Sports Association
Training sessions are from 09:00 to 12:30
The cost of this course is £65 per delegate and includes comprehensive resource pack & certificate.
Safer Working Practice and Allegations Management course
This is a new course that we have developed that will:-
1) Provide delegates with the tools and understanding to ensure a safe working culture for children and staff.
2) Provide information on practical steps for both employers and employees (including volunteers) to avoid Allegations being made.
3) Explore effective policy writing to support a safer Working culture.
4) Explain the Allegations Management process and how to support it should an allegation be made.
The cost of this course is £65 per delegate and includes resource pack & certificate.
NB: IF YOU ATTEND BOTH THE SAFER RECRUITMENT COURSE AND THE SAFER WORKING PRACTICE AND ALLEGATIONS MANAGEMENT COURSE ON THE SAME DAY THE COST WILL BE REDUCED TO £110 (for attending both courses).
What are the dates for the half-day GSCE Safer Working Practice/Allegations Management course?
- Monday 20th January 2020 (pm - available) - Kingsholm Rugby
- Friday 20th March 2020 (pm - available) - Cotswold Area Civil Service Sports Association
- Monday 22nd June 2020 (pm - available) - Cotswold Area Civil Service Sports Association
Where are these training courses held?
Kingsholm Rugby Stadium, Kingsholm Road, Gloucester GL1 3AX
Cotswold Area Civil Service Sports Association, Tewkesbury Road, Cheltenham GL51 9SL
How do I book on to the Safer Recruitment/Safer Working Practice courses?
To attend one of the training sessions please book your place by completing the attached booking form.
If you would prefer to buy Safer Recruitment Training from elsewhere the GSCE has ratified (June 2014) the below minimum standards the training should cover:-
- Identification of the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people.
- Consideration of Policies and Practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt recording.
- Tasks that assist participants in beginning to review their own and the organisation's policies and practices in recruitment with a view to making them safer.
- A model of offending behaviour and how this fits with recruitment.
- Implications for recruitment and selection and creating a safer environment in organisations.
- What to do when things go wrong and an allegation of abuse is made against an existing member of staff or volunteer.
Please look carefully to ensure training will meet these requirements.
On-line training is now available through the NSPCC at a cost of £30 per delegate. For further information please visit: NSPCC Safer Recruitment e-learning